Recorded November 4, 2020
To increase botnet resiliency, threat actors are now using a hybrid model, rather than a pure peer-to-peer one. In a P2P hybrid network topology, the botnet can survive a takedown of nodes with specialized roles, and reorganize itself accordingly.
It can be quite challenging to disrupt the malicious activities of peer-to-peer (P2P) botnets, but there are proven strategies that can be followed when a specific network has been affected.
- How P2P/hybrid botnets operate
- Spotting P2P/hybrid botnet infections on your network
- Effective ways to disrupt botnets
- Ivan Speziale, Security Researcher, Nozomi Networks
- Giannis Tsaraias, Security Researcher, Nozomi Networks
- Chris Grove, Technology Evangelist, Nozomi Networks
Listen to the Podcast: P2P Botnets: Following the Network Trail
Watch the Webinar: P2P Botnets: Following the Network Trail
Blog: Dark Nexus IoT Botnet: Analyzing and Detecting its Network Activity
Webinar: The IoT Botnet Threat: What It Is and How to Deal with It
Infographic: Botnets and Ransomware Target OT & IoT Cybersecurity