April 13, 2022
The Good: The maritime industry has become highly automated, digitally-driven infrastructure that uses Operational Technology (OT) systems and networks to optimize tasks like loading and unloading cargo.
The Bad: Wherever automation is implemented to improve efficiency, there’s an increase in cyber risk that can affect both the vessels and port infrastructure.
The Ugly: When cyber attacks succeed, like the Maersk NotPetya malware incident in 2017, millions of dollars can be lost, not to mention the endangerment of the crew, environment and community.
- An overview of the impact OT cybersecurity has in the maritime industry
- Cyber vulnerabilities that can cause interruptions with little effort or knowledge
- Systems exposed in vessels and at port
- Industry regulations and guidelines that prevent and address cyber risk
- Strategies to implement a successful OT cybersecurity program