Why Is Data Center
As data center consolidation increases, and more organizations move applications to cloud providers, the data center has become a high value target for increasingly sophisticated and targeted cyberattacks. In addition to attacking servers and applications directly, the data center infrastructure has become a prime target to disrupt operations and increase the likelihood of widespread outages, making data center cybersecurity a critical component of every risk management program.
Along with housing their own environmental and safety systems for the operation and protection of the data center itself — HVAC, power, UPS, monitoring and fire suppression systems — data centers also store both customers’ and organizations’ confidential data. With one cyberattack, hackers can easily cripple hundreds or thousands of systems, applications and services.
Data Centers are a Cyber Criminal’s Paradise
Today’s data centers use smart, connected devices to manage everything from the temperature and power to surveillance systems, which can be exploited by hackers to disrupt and damage critical operations. To exacerbate the issue, IoT devices often lack basic cybersecurity features, making them easy targets for malicious bad actors. The increase in the number of IoT and OT devices means more endpoints and entry points onto the network — creating a larger attack surface. If the device is connected, it’s vulnerable.
Benefits of Nozomi Networks Data Center Cybersecurity Platform
Gain Visibility of Assets
on Your Network
Knowing what assets are on your network is critical to anticipating risks:
- Passively discover OT and IoT assets without disrupting critical processes, triggering alarms or generating additional traffic.
- Gain a comprehensive view of all devices and traffic patterns, so you can quickly identify anomalies and incidents.
- Access Nozomi Networks’ extensive database of known vulnerabilities from around the world to identify risks in your environment and prioritize patch releases.
- Prioritize remediation efforts with workbooks that highlight the most critical endpoint vulnerabilities.
Diagnose Threats and Anomalies
Nozomi Networks’ industry-leading AI engine diagnoses root cause to help remediate incidents faster:
- Compare network traffic and process trends over time to identify potential threats and keep systems running uninterrupted.
- Eliminate false alerts and gain deeper insights into trends based on learned behaviors.
- Stay up to date with emerging malware and indicators of compromise (IOC) against IoT systems and industrial processes.
- Detect more threats for more devices with the industry’s widest range of industrial device and protocol coverage.
Address Issues with
When it’s time to respond to a security breach or a process control issue, Nozomi Networks provides actionable intelligence to address the problem with minimal costs and impact on your operations. We help guide remediation efforts around identified issues and provide forensic tools to quickly further your research efforts:
- Time Machine replays network events around an incident to isolate the root cause and visualize the impact to critical operations.
- High level dashboards provide view of systems, assets and security issues across your data centers.
- Easily generate reports for turnkey, repeatable forensic or compliance reporting needs.
- Predefined playbooks help to coordinate a rapid response to an outage.
Data Centers Are Migrating To the Cloud – Is Your OT Security Infrastructure Ready?
As global data centers become faster, more efficient and smarter, they will continue to be lucrative targets for cyberattacks. The Nozomi Networks Platform is designed to help data center administrators anticipate, diagnose and respond to the ever-evolving cyber security threat landscape against often overlooked industrial control and building automation systems to help unify your cybersecurity efforts at scale.
Sample Deployment Architecture for Data Centers
Request a Personalized Demo
See how easy it is to:
- Discover all OT, IoT, ICS, IT, edge, and cloud assets on your networks
- Gain immediate awareness of cybersecurity threats, risks and anomalies
- Detect security incidents and respond quickly
- Consolidate security, visibility, and management within a single platform